In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, North Sunflower Medical Foundation has generously donated a month’s lease payment to the Sunflower Diagnostic Center’s NEW 3D Mammographic machine which was over $8,600.
Stacy Davis, Associate Executive Director, of North Sunflower Medical Foundation (NSMF) explains, “Although breast cancer receives the most attention during the month of October, it is important to support patients and families in treatment and recovery, while searching for a cure.” Stacy added, “the mission of North Sunflower Medical Foundation is to promote health and wellness for the residents of Sunflower County and surrounding areas by assisting with the enhancement of quality healthcare. As well as to partner with local government agencies in matters related to healthcare.”
Although prevention, research, and treatment have made tremendous strides over the past two decades, breast cancer continues to be a major threat to women throughout the world. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, no matter their race or ethnicity.
In addition each year, the NSMF donates $10,000 in educational grants and $10,000 in equipment grants to the North Sunflower Medical Center.
“People give to the foundation for numerous reasons but more often than not they believe that they are contributing to a better health care in their community,” explains Stacy Davis.
NSMF raises money in several different ways, including:
• Annual Gifts: support through a variety of programs which encourage entry level giving. Approximately 380 employees give an annual percentage of their salary to the foundation.
• Gifts of Tribute: provide an opportunity to remember those, living or deceased, whose kindness and love have touched our lives. A gift could be made in memory of someone who has passed away, or in honor of someone celebrating a birthday, anniversary, graduation, wedding or retirement. The honored person or family will be notified of the tribute in their honor or memory.
• Planned Gifts: when a person leaves part of his or her estate for the hospital foundation in a will, or establishes a charitable gift annuity or trust.
• Corporate Gifts: businesses joining hands to improve the health care of tomorrow.
• Programming: Special events, such as golf/tennis tournaments, Breakfast with Santa, Relay for Life and galas.
• Special/Signature Gifts: large one-time donations from individual donors. Naming opportunities are available.